Mike Hulme has an H-Index of 51 (Scopus) and 78 (Google Scholar) (March 2017). A full listing of career publications can be downloaded here. Major publications are also listed by year: 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, etc. Thomson Reuters reports Mike Hulme as the 10th most cited author in the world in the field of climate change, between 1999 and 2009 (ScienceWatch, Nov/Dec 2009, see their Table 2).
My 10 most-cited publications as of January 2016 (citation counts derived from Scopus, unless otherwise stated).
(1817) Hulme,M. (2009) Why we disagree about climate change: understanding controversy, inaction and opportunity Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 393pp. [citation count obtained from Google Scholar]
(1370) New,M., Hulme,M. and Jones,P.D. (2000) Representing twentieth century space-time climate variability. Part 2: development of 1901-96 monthly grids of terrestrial surface climate Journal of Climate, 13(13), 2217-2238
(1250) New,M., Hulme,M. and Jones,P.D. (1999) Representing twentieth century space-time climate variability. Part 1: development of a 1961-90 mean monthly terrestrial climatology Journal of Climate, 12(2-3), 829-856
(1219) Hulme,M., Jenkins,G.J., Lu,X., Turnpenny,J.R., Mitchell,T.D., Jones,R.G., Lowe,J., Murphy,J.M., Hassell,D., Boorman,P., McDonald,R. and Hill,S. (2002) Climate change scenarios for the UK: the UKCIP02 scientific report Tyndall Centre, UEA, Norwich, UK, 112pp. [citation count obtained from Google Scholar]
(1184) New,M., Lister,D., Hulme,M. and Makin,I. (2002) A high-resolution data set of surface climate over global land areas Climate Research 21(1), 1-25
(644) Adger,W.N., Dessai,S., Goulden,M., Hulme,M., Lorenzoni,I., Nelson,D., Otto-Naess,L., Wolf,J. and Wreford,A. (2009) Are there social limits to adaptation to climate change? Climatic Change 93,335-354
(527) Hulme,M., Doherty,R.M., Ngara,T., New,M. and Lister,D. (2001) African climate change: 1900-2100 Climate Research 17(2), 145-168
(287) New,M., Todd,M., Hulme,M. and Jones,P.D. (2001) Precipitation measurements and trends in the twentieth century Int. J. Climatol., 21(15), 1899-1922
(272) Osborn,T.J., Hulme,M., Jones,P.D. and Basnett,T.A. (2000) Observed trends in the daily intensity of UK precipitation Int. J. Climatol. 20(4), 347-364
(239) Hulme,M. Osborn,T.J. and Johns,T.C. (1998) Precipitation sensitivity to global warming: comparison of observations with the HadCM2 simulations Geophys. Res. Letts. 25(17), 3379-3382